The Practice Step: Facility-Based Coding Cases, 2012 Edition - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$63.95|
|Print - Paperback||$63.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Perfect your coding skills and position yourself for career advancement with real-world facility-based coding practice developed by leading coding educator Carol J. Buck. The Practice Step: Facility-Based Coding Cases, 2012 Edition presents realistic patient cases reflecting both inpatient and outpatient settings to give you the extra practice you need to remain competitive in the medical coding marketplace, learn to code with both ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM and prepare for the CCS and CPC-H certification exams.
New to This Edition
- ICD-10-CM codes accompany ICD-9-CM answers for all coding cases to help you prepare for the October 2013 ICD-10-CM implementation date.
- More than 100 cases covering all medical specialties provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient coding practice and reflect the latest CCS and CPC-H certification exam outlines.
- Abstracting questions test your knowledge and critical thinking skills.
- Visually engaging design makes coding concepts more approachable.
- Detailed rationales, ICD-9-CM code updates, and practical tips on a companion Evolve website enhance your coding accuracy and help you code more efficiently.
By Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CPC-H, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN