Medical Insurance Online for Insurance Handbook for the Medical Office (Access Code), 13th Edition
Covering all the plans that are most commonly encountered in clinics and physicians’ offices, Medical Insurance Online for Insurance Handbook for the Medical Office, 13th Edition gives you hands-on practice performing common insurance billing and coding tasks and applying your knowledge in areas such as diagnostic coding, procedural coding, Medicare, HIPPAA, and bill collection strategies. 18 course modules seamlessly tie hands-on practice together with concepts from the 18 textbook chapters to give you a well-rounded understanding of how to succeed on the job.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
Updated screen content and reading assignments match the 12th edition of the Fordney Insurance Handbook.
- Interactive exercises and activities offer frequent opportunities to recall and recognize medical insurance concepts including the cycle, organization and completion of the claim form.
- Easily accessible glossary presents terms and clickable definitions listed in alphabetical order.
- Bolded and linked terms within the text immediately connect you to the glossary definitions of key terms.
- Hypertext web links direct you to related web sites and other Elsevier resources for further study.
- Reading references tie in concepts from the text to the hands-on activities practiced in the online course.
- Quizzing and exams allow you to evaluate your comprehension and know your grade at any time throughout the course.
- Engaging graphic design creates a much more interesting and educational experience.
- Medical record activities help you understand how to complete a clean claim form and optimize reimbursement for the physician’s office.
- Course orientation contains directions for completing the course, as well as instructions for navigating through the modules.
- Student survey gives you the opportunity to provide constructive feedback on the course and have an impact on future course design.
By Marilyn Fordney, CMA-AC, Formerly, Instructor of Medical Insurance, Medical Terminology, Medical Machine Transcription, and Medical Office Procedures, Ventura College, Ventura, CA