2015 ICD-9-CM for Hospitals, Volumes 1, 2 and 3 Standard Edition
Code more efficiently and effectively with Carol J. Buck's 2015 ICD-9-CM for Hospitals: Volumes 1, 2 and 3, Standard Edition. Designed by coders for coders, this reference combines Netter's Anatomy illustrations and the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting. Its format makes it easy to access the ICD-9-CM information you need to stay up-to-date and ensure the most accurate billing and optimal reimbursement in inpatient (hospital-based) and outpatient (physician office-based) coding settings. In addition, you can take this resource into your certification exams for enhanced testing support!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- UPDATED Coding Clinic® citations provide official ICD-9-CM coding advice, ensuring accurate coding by identifying the year, quarter, and page number for information about specific codes in the AHA’s Coding Clinic for ICD-9-CM.
- Coverage of all volumes of ICD-9-CM Volumes 1, 2 & 3 provides all codes for inpatient (hospital-based) and outpatient (physician office-based) coding.
- Netter’s Anatomy art is included in the front of the book and cross referenced within the Tabular List to help you understand complex anatomic information and how it may affect choosing codes.
- Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OGCRs) are listed in full and also integrated within the code set, providing fast, easy access to the official coding rules.
- Symbols and highlights codes that may require special consideration before coding, including:
- Unacceptable Principal Diagnosis
- Use Additional Digit(s)
- Includes and Excludes
- Use Additional
- Code First
- Additional elements within specific codes provide you with useful hints, tips, and definitions to aid in understanding difficult terminology, diseases and conditions, or coding in a specific category.
- Items are included throughout Diseases: Tabular List, Volume 1 to provide more information on common diseases and conditions to ensure that you code accurately.
- Omit Codes and Code Also draw attention to government material needing special attention.
- Codingupdates.com companion website includes the latest changes to the ICD coding system.
By Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN