Physical Examination and Health Assessment Online for Seidel's Guide to Physical Examination (Access Code), 8th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Corresponding to Seidel’s Guide to Physical Examination, 8th Edition, Physical Examination and Health Assessment Online simplifies assessment skills and makes learning easier with video clips, animations, interactive activities, and review questions. It also features self-paced learning modules with capstone case studies for each body system to help you understand and apply physical exam and health assessment principles and techniques. Developed by clinicians and educators Jane Ball, Joyce Dains, John Flynn, Barry Solomon, and Rosalyn Stewart, this online course is designed to work as an independent learning experience or as a complement to classroom lectures and clinicals.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Updated content reflects the latest research findings and evidence-based practice on techniques, normal and abnormal findings, and assessment of patients with specific abnormalities.
- Self-paced learning modules walk you through an anatomy and physiology review, subjective data, objective data, documentation, and abnormal findings for each body system.
- Advanced Practice case studies allow you to experience client encounters in an office-like setting, covering advanced assessment techniques such as reviewing symptoms and systems, taking a supplemental history, performing a focused physical exam, ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests, and developing differential diagnoses and treatment plans.
- Capstone cases for each body system show the realities of practice and promote the application of assessment skills in simulated experiences.
- Video clips demonstrate how to conduct exams on patients of various ages, ethnicities, and genders.
- Multiple-choice review questions provide the opportunity for self-assessment, with rationales to reinforce understanding of essential content.
- Full-color photos with anatomic landmark overlays depict the anatomy beneath the surface of the skin.
- Animations show three-dimensional anatomic illustrations and physiologic processes, bringing important anatomic and physiologic processes to life.
- Audio clips play recorded heart, lung, and abdominal sounds, so you can hear and review real-life audio findings.
- Interactive activities allow a quick review of assessment techniques, terms, and findings, with exercises such as Listen & Select, Match It, Picture It, Think It Through, True or False, and more.
- Student checklists provide portable, quick reference to the main points of examinations for each body system.
- Audio glossary includes key physical exam and health assessment terms with audio pronunciations.
By Jane W. Ball, RN, DrPH, CPNP, DPNAP, Trauma Systems Consultant, American College of Surgeons, Gaithersburg, MD; Joyce E. Dains, DrPH, JD, RN, FNP, BC, DPNAP, Associate Profesor and Advanced Practice Nursing Program Director; Manager, Professional Education for Prevention and Early Detection, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas; John A. Flynn, MD, MBA, Clinical Director and Professor of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD; Barry S. Solomon, MD, MPH, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Medical Director, Harriet Lane Clinic, Division of General Pediatrics and Adolscent Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD and Rosalyn W. Stewart, MD, MS, MBA, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, The Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD