Physical Examination and Health Assessment DVD Series: DVD 6: Cardiovascular System: Heart and Neck Vessels, Version 2
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Video 6 from the Jarvis Physical Examination and Health Assessment Video Series begins with an anatomical review of the neck vessels and heart. Then it covers physical examination of carotid arteries and jugular veins. After the neck vessel assessment, it explores the heart examination, including inspection and palpation of the precordium. Finally, it details heart sound auscultation, highlighting normal sounds, common variations, and abnormal sounds.
- Bonus materials include:
- Health history topics about the heart and neck vessels
- A list of equipment for examining the heart and neck vessels
- One cross-cultural scene about populations at increased risk for heart disease
- Four developmental scenes about assessing the carotid arteries and abnormal heart sounds in older adults, and detecting sinus arrhythmias and innocent murmurs in children
- One health promotion scenario as an overview of the topic
- A list of patient-teaching topics, ranging from exercise for cardiovascular health to techniques to stop smoking
By Carolyn Jarvis, MSN, APN, CNP, Family Nurse Practitioner, Chestnut Health Systems, Bloomington, IL, and Adjunct Assistant Professor of Nursing, School of Nursing, Illinois Wesleyan University, Bloomington, IL