Physical Examination and Health Assessment DVD Series: DVD 12: Female Genitalia, Version 2
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Video 12 from the Jarvis Physical Examination and Health Assessment Video Series begins with an anatomical review of a woman’s external and internal genitalia, anus, and rectum. It describes critical preparation steps for this sensitive examination, including how to perform a mirror pelvic exam. Then it demonstrates how to inspect and palpate the external and internal genitalia, collect cervical smears and cultures, and perform a bimanual examination. It concludes with assessment of the perianal region and techniques to perform the rectovaginal examination.
- Bonus materials include:
- Health history topics about the genitourinary tract and lower GI tract
- A list of equipment for examining the female genitalia, anus, and rectum
- One cross-cultural scene about pubic hair development in different populations
- Four developmental scenes about pubic hair development in adolescence, genitalia variations in newborns, cervical os changes with parity, and cervical changes in pregnancy and menopause
- One health promotion scenario about the mirror pelvic exam
- A list of patient-teaching topics, ranging from cervical cancer prevention to effective contraception
By Carolyn Jarvis, MSN, APN, CNP, Family Nurse Practitioner, Chestnut Health Systems, Bloomington, IL, and Adjunct Assistant Professor of Nursing, School of Nursing, Illinois Wesleyan University, Bloomington, IL