Mosby's Pocket Guide for Health Assessment, 6th Edition
This portable, practical guide covers all aspects of health assessment in a concise, step-by-step format. The logical head-to-toe organization provides a quick reference whether assessing a specific body system or conducting a complete physical exam. Up to date, streamlined, and clinically focused, this new edition is perfect for use in any setting.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Spiral binding allows for ease of use.
- 2-column format presents assessment techniques, as well as normal and abnormal findings, in a clear and easy-to-follow layout.
- Cultural Variations — including new coverage of East Indian, Middle Eastern, and East European Block ethnic groups — highlight client preferences and significant assessment findings.
- Age-Specific Variations include considerations for pediatric, adolescent, and older adult age groups.
- Chapters take a consistent, step-by-step approach to body system assessment with headings for Critical Thinking Application, Equipment, Patient Preparation, and History.
- Unexpected Assessment Findings present Findings, Significance, and Nursing Interventions for situations requiring immediate action.
- Highlights important patient safety, comfort, and effective assessment information.
- Delegation Considerations define the appropriate role of assistive personnel.
- Patient Education sections emphasize teaching opportunities in client interactions.
By Pamela Weilitz, MSN(R), RN, CN, ANP, Board Certified Adult Nurse Practitioner and Medical-Surgical Clinical Nurse Specialist, Private Practice, St. Louis, MO, USA; and Patricia A. Potter, PhD, RN, FAAN, CMAC , Research Scientist, Siteman Cancer Center, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, MO