Mosby's Nursing Video Skills: Physical Examination and Health Assessment, 2nd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Step-by-step videos demonstrate how to perform physical examinations! Mosby's Nursing Video Skills: Physical Examination and Health Assessment, 2nd Edition not only shows skills and techniques, but describes how to gather data and interpret findings. This DVD provides over five hours of video content with 15 programs on how to conduct a comprehensive physical exam for each body system and one comprehensive exam of the adult. What makes these videos even more valuable are embedded critical thinking exercises, narrated animations showing anatomic and physiologic processes, and NCLEX-style review questions. New to this edition are Electronic Health Record (EHR) activities and downloadable assessment video clips for use on mobile devices. This is the most complete video program in the physical exam market!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Assessment video clips and step-by-step checklists that outline specific steps for each procedure can now be downloaded for use on smartphones and other mobile devices.
- New Electronic Health Record (EHR) activities teach you how to document the health assessment and findings in an up-to-date electronic format.
- QSEN Checklist on Safety and Quality Considerations in Patient Assessment provides tips on incorporating the six QSEN competencies on Patient-Centered Care, Teamwork and Collaboration, Evidence-Based Practice, Quality Improvement, Safety, and Informatics into the physical exam.
- Five hours of full-motion video content with 15 programs on how to conduct a comprehensive physical exam for each body system and one comprehensive exam of the adult demonstrate how to gather data, perform physical exams, and interpret findings.
- Each of the 15 body systems programs (plus head-to-toe assessment) include the following sections:
- Overview section: Includes the rationale and purpose behind each skill.
- Preparation section: Explains what should take place prior to performing the assessment, including equipment to gather.
- Procedure Video section: Includes video footage of the actual assessment being performed, with a link to a printable, step-by-step procedure checklist.
- Documentation section: Includes documentation forms showing how to record history and physical information.
- Follow-Up section: Lists the steps you need to take after performing an assessment.
- Critical Thinking section: Includes interactive case studies that allow you to apply knowledge to real-life scenarios and practice documentation in an EHR format.
- NCLEX Review section: Tests your comprehension with NCLEX exam-style multiple-choice questions.
- An Animation Library includes state-of-the-art animations.
- A Documentation Form Library includes 31 adult and pediatric health history forms.