Nursing Older People, 4th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Limited Stock - Order Soon
This title is directed primarily towards health care professionals outside of the United States. It conveys the depth of knowledge needed to develop the complex and sometimes delicate skills required for nursing interventions and support of older people. It takes an evidence-based and person-centred approach to understanding and meeting older people's needs as well as problems that nurses and other practitioners deal with every day, such as pain, immobility, breathlessness, eating and drinking. This edition has been extensively rewritten by subject experts from nursing, social work, physiotherapy, gerontology and sociology.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- New chapters on major policy changes and organisation of care for older people; sexuality and relationships in later life; and health care for older homeless people.
- Additional photographs bring key concepts to life.
- Comprehensive coverage of the theory and practice of caring for older people provides a good basis for effective nursing care.
- The well-written text, clear design and page-layout make the information highly accessible.
- Case histories help relate theory to practice.
- Recommended reading lists and references at the end of each chapter facilitate further study.
By Sally J. Redfern, BSc, PhD, RGN, Emeritus Professor of Nursing, Nursing Research Unit, King's College London, London, UK; and Fiona M. Ross, BSc, PhD, RGN, DN, Director, Nursing Research Unit, King's College London, London, UK