Mosby's Nursing Video Skills - Advanced Skills DVD, 4th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Master nursing skills with the most up-to-date, interactive video product on the marketTable of Contents
New to This Edition
Help students learn how to correctly perform advanced nursing procedures with these interactive, engaging videos. Clear, step-by-step demonstrations of over 35 key nursing procedures present the skills needed for confident performance in labs and clinicals. For each skill, students can also test their understanding with NCLEX® examination-style review questions with rationales.
- Procedure videos clearly and accurately demonstrate how to perform each skill, and include printable procedure guidelines.
- Checklists in PDF format are included for each skill.
- A consistent format for each skill provides easy access to information:
- Safety includes key safety considerations for the specific skills.
- Delegation clarifies the RN’s role and the tasks that may be assigned to other personnel.
- Equipment features a hot-spot photo of all equipment required for a procedure, identifying each piece when rolled over by the cursor.
- Documentation provides guidelines and examples of what and how to document care as well as the patient’s response.
- Follow-up care outlines appropriate assessment, evaluation, and interventions.
- NCLEX exam-style review questions for each skill include rationales for all options to help you review and evaluate your comprehension.
- New Blood Therapy section in the Advanced Skills DVD includes three new skills: Preparing for Transfusion, Initiating Transfusion, and Monitoring for Adverse Reaction to Transfusion.
- NEW! Audio of lung sounds and cardiac sounds makes it easier to learn the measurement of respirations and the pulse.
- NEW! Animations are included for skills in which much of the action is unseen, such as catheterization, intubation, and suctioning.