Mosby's Nursing Video Skills - Advanced Skills DVD, 4th Edition
Master nursing skills with the most up-to-date, interactive video product on the marketTable of Contents
New to This Edition
Help students learn how to correctly perform advanced nursing procedures with these interactive, engaging videos. Clear, step-by-step demonstrations of over 35 key nursing procedures present the skills needed for confident performance in labs and clinicals. For each skill, students can also test their understanding with NCLEX® examination-style review questions with rationales.
- Procedure videos clearly and accurately demonstrate how to perform each skill, and include printable procedure guidelines.
- Checklists in PDF format are included for each skill.
- A consistent format for each skill provides easy access to information:
- Safety includes key safety considerations for the specific skills.
- Delegation clarifies the RN’s role and the tasks that may be assigned to other personnel.
- Equipment features a hot-spot photo of all equipment required for a procedure, identifying each piece when rolled over by the cursor.
- Documentation provides guidelines and examples of what and how to document care as well as the patient’s response.
- Follow-up care outlines appropriate assessment, evaluation, and interventions.
- NCLEX exam-style review questions for each skill include rationales for all options to help you review and evaluate your comprehension.
- New Blood Therapy section in the Advanced Skills DVD includes three new skills: Preparing for Transfusion, Initiating Transfusion, and Monitoring for Adverse Reaction to Transfusion.
- NEW! Audio of lung sounds and cardiac sounds makes it easier to learn the measurement of respirations and the pulse.
- NEW! Animations are included for skills in which much of the action is unseen, such as catheterization, intubation, and suctioning.