Endodontics, 4th Edition
New to This Edition
- The latest edition is completely restructured to provide a more contemporary approach to the subject area
- New chapters added, including material on tooth development, endodontic interfaces with orthodontics, general and oral medicine, and orofacial pain
- Latest research findings integrated into the various endodontic clinical applications
- Application of new equipment and materials highlighted where appropriate
- New contributors bring a fresh approach to the subject matter
- Practical approach to the subject takes the reader through every clinical step from patient assessment to specific problem solving
- More than 1500 superb illustrations, including colour coded algorithms, present clinical, diagnostic and practical information in an easy-to-follow manner
- Provides sensible ‘best practice’ routes through often conflicting approaches to treatment
- Designed to enable practitioners to understand, from first principles, how to confidently deal with the endodontic problems resulting from wear, tear, trauma and common dental disease
- Designed with the changing dynamics of modern dental service delivery in mind
- Ideal for recent graduates wishing to consolidate their knowledge, general dental practitioners needing to enhance their skills and to all readers about to launch a new career through specialist training
Comments from previous edition
The text is very pragmatic and systematic. It promotes assessment and realistic treatment options rather than focussing on elaborate instrumentation. The authors are also prepared to recognise and outline that in many instances ‘expert’ views differ at many stages in the treatment of the pulp. Nonetheless they offer sensible ‘best practice’ routes through these often conflicting approaches.
Dr Adrian Jowett, School of Clinical Dentistry, University of Sheffield
I found the book very easy to read and it is well thought out in terms of flow and the order of each chapter. The authors have an excellent grasp of the literature and the book is sufficiently evidence based.
Dr Phillip Tomson, Birmingham School of Dentistry, Birmingham
The list of topics covered in this excellent book is comprehensive. I cannot think of any significant omissions. The balance of the book seems to be entirely appropriate. I found the style excellent and there were copious, clear illustrations and the general appearance and quality is very good.
This book is relevant for undergraduate and postgraduate curricula in UK dental schools. The subject of endodontics (or endodontology) has significantly expanded in recent years and so the scope of endodontics that a dental student should grasp has expanded. This book serves, therefore, as an excellent text to compliment curricula. It would also be of use to general dental practitioners and specialists.
Dr AJ Preston, Liverpool University Dental Hospital, Liverpool
Endodontics is a valuable resource for clinicians at all levels with an interest in this specialty and also for those looking for practical advice to improve their clinical practice.
British Dental Journal, August 2014
By Kishor Gulabivala, BDS, MSc, FDS RCS (Edin), PhD, FHEA
, Head of Endodontology & Restorative Dentistry, Honorary Consultant in Restorative Dentistry, UCL Eastman Dental Institute, London, UK
and Yuan-Ling Ng, BDS, MSc, MRD RCS (Eng), PhD, FHEA, Senior Clinical Lecturer in Endodontology, Director of Masters Programmes in Endodontology, UCL Eastman Dental Institute, London, UK