Medicine for the Outdoors, 6th Edition
The Essential Guide to Emergency Medical Procedures and First Aid
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
NOT YET PUBLISHED
Since 1986, Medicine for the Outdoors has been hailed as the definitive take-along manual on the subject. Packed with step-by-step instructions and how-to explanations, this updated edition tells you the best way to respond to just about any medical problem. Logically organized, simple-to-understand enhanced illustrations and an increased focus on new topics mean this medical reference book may literally save your life. Whether you’re venturing into mountains, deserts, forests, or out to sea, it belongs in your pack!
New to This Edition
- Clearly visualize how to perform specific treatments, such as the use of a SAM® splint, with an increased number of helpful illustrations.
- Stay abreast of the latest in emergency medicine care, including new antibiotics, medicines, products to control bleeding, and today's most common infectious disease threats.
- Enhance your understanding of Lyme disease; water disinfection; emerging diseases (including West Nile Virus); and how to seek safety and act during natural disasters.
- Take advantage of Dr. Auerbach’s expert guidance with revised recommendations on high-altitude problems, drowning, airways management, toxic plants, and snake bites.
- Access new appendices covering AIDS/HIV transmission, expanded treatment instructions, global conflict guidelines (including terrorism), and canine medicine.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, references, and videos from the book on a variety of devices.
- Examine the most diverse and comprehensive coverage of medical conditions related to the outdoors.
- Be guided through logical and complete explanations of every topic.
- Enhance your understanding with descriptive material including numerous drawings and instructions.
- Research recommendations for injury and illness prevention.
- Locate answers quickly with a helpful comprehensive index.
By Paul S. Auerbach, MD, MS, FACEP, FAWM, Clinical Professor of Surgery, Division of Emergency Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA