Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2015
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Written by expert nursing and pharmacy clinicians and organized alphabetically by generic drug name, Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2015 provides essential information for over 1,000 generic name and 4,000 trade name drugs in one quick, convenient source. With comprehensive coverage of IV drug administration as well as guidance through clinical priorities in the practice setting, this resource offers the precautionary information you need to provide safer patient care.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Drug monographs for approximately 21 newly approved drugs by the FDA provide you with the most current drug information.
- NEW! Updated monographs with new interactions, precautions, alerts and patient teaching instructions boost your confidence in accuracy and help prevent medication dispensing errors.
- NEW! Nearly 300 Black Box Alerts highlight drugs found to carry a significant risk of serious or even life-threatening adverse effects.
- Over 1,000 generic name drugs (encompassing over 4,000 trade name drugs) organized alphabetically with A to Z tabs to make accessing important information quick and easy.
- Detailed drug information distinguishing side effects and adverse reactions helps you identify which are most likely to occur.
- Special text treatment for "High Alert" drugs that pose the greatest risk for patient harm promotes safe drug administration.
- Top 200 Drugs helps you identify the most frequently administered drugs.
- Lifespan and disorder-related dosage variations content equips you with special considerations for specific patient populations.
- Therapeutic and toxic blood level information shows you patient implications for drug administration.
- Comprehensive IV Compatibility Chart foldout arms you with compatibility information for 65 intravenous drugs.
- Pageburst eBook works on any mobile device giving you access to drug information from virtually anywhere.
- UNIQUE! ( for ebook only) Frequently-used herb monographs as well as additional herb information keep you informed of commonly encountered herbs.
By Robert J. Kizior, BS, RPh, Education Coordinator, Department of Pharmacy, Alexian Brothers Medical Center, Elk Grove Village, IL, USA and Barbara B. Hodgson, RN, OCN, Morton Plant Mease Northbay Hospital, Former Staff Nurse, New Port Richey, FL; St. Joseph's Hospital, Former Staff Nurse in the Cancer Institute, Tampa, FL, USA