Mosby's 2013 Nursing Drug Reference - E-Book, 26th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
With a new full-color interior and A-Z organization, Mosby's Nursing Drug Reference offers the latest, most comprehensive coverage of over 5,000 generic and trade-name drugs - all in the most easy-to-find format! Drug monographs cover over 16 areas, including: uses, side effects, interactions, and pharmacokinetics. Key nursing considerations, information on safe drug administration, and a wealth of helpful online learning resources are also incorporated to fully equip you for clinicals and professional practice.
New to This Edition
- NEW! Four-color design highlights important information to help you quickly and easily find important information.
- NEW! Fully updated content reflects the latest drugs on the market.
- Approximately 25 monographs on newly released drugs
- Comprehensive coverage of more than 5,000 generic and trade-name drugs
- Comprehensive and easy to find drug information.
- Comprehensive drug monographs contain the latest information on:
- Rx or OTC designations
- generic names
- U.S. and Canadian trade names
- functional and chemical classification
- controlled-substance schedule
- do-not-confuse drugs
- actions, uses, unlabeled uses, dosages and routes
- available forms
- side effects
- interactions (including drug/herb, drug/food and drug lab test)
- nursing considerations
- treatment of overdose
- Nursing Process steps used as the framework for organizing all information.
- Alphabetical listing of drug monographs by generic drug name.
- Emphasis on safety and safe drug administration.
- Black Box Warnings alert to dangerous and/or life-threatening adverse effects.
- Safety Alert icons call out the most critical interactions and side-effects that nurses must watch for.
- IV drug information, including special considerations and Y-site, syringe, and additive compatibilities.
- Common and life-threatening side effects are organized by body system for easy identification.
By Linda Skidmore-Roth, RN, MSN, NP, Consultant, Littleton, CO; Former Nursing Faculty, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM; El Paso Community College, El Paso, TX