Calculate with Confidence, 6th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$93.95|
This popular text covers the ratio and proportion, formula, and dimensional analysis methods offering a step-by-step approach to the calculation and administration of drug dosages. With over 2,000 practice problems, Gray Morris focuses on enhancing the learning experience of nursing students at all curricular levels by making content clinically applicable. Calculate with Confidence, 6th Edition addresses the increasing responsibility of the nurse in medication administration, prioritizes client safety, and reflects the current scope of practice.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Integration of QSEN information related to patient safety in the Medication Administration chapter and throughout text.
- NEW! NCLEX-style questions on Evolve help prepare you for the NCLEX-RN Examination.
- NEW! Content additions and updates includes word problems involving dosages, Critical Thinking Scenarios, a discussion of the concepts regarding safety issues with medication administration, plus significant updates in the insulin, critical care and IV chapters.
- NEW! Reorganization of Answer Key features answers and the work to practice problems at the end of each chapter rather than in the back of the book.
- Tips for Clinical Practice boxes call attention to information critical to math calculation and patient safety.
- Safety Alert boxes highlight issues that may lead to mediation errors and empower you to identify actions that must be taken to avoid calculation errors
- Chapter review problems test all major topics presented in the chapter.
- Separate basic math review test allows you to assess and evaluate your understanding of basic math material covered in Unit 1, directing you to review chapters if you miss any of these test questions.
- Pre-test basic math review tests help you assess your basic math skills and identify areas of strength and weakness in competency of basic math.
- Comprehensive unit on basic math review offers complete coverage of basic math: roman numerals, fractions, decimals, ratio and proportion, and percentages.
By Deborah C. Gray Morris, RN, BSN, MA, LNC, Professor of Nursing, Department of Nursing and Allied Health Sciences, Bronx Community College, Bronx, NY