Surgery of the Skin , 3rd Edition
Master the latest medical and cosmetic procedures with Surgery of the Skin, the most comprehensive dermatological surgery resource available. Written from the surgeon’s perspective, this medical reference book features step-by-step guidance on performing the most updated developments and cutting edge approaches across the entire spectrum of dermatologic surgery.
Surgery of the Skin was awarded the prize "Major Contribution - Book" by the Romanian Medical Association, 2015Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- View immersive videos from an expanded library with more than 130 clips totaling over six hour's footage.
- Explore brand-new chapters on rejuvenation of the female external genitalia; hidradenitis suppurativa; and photoaging-related mottled pigmentation.
- Improve treatment outcomes for patients with skin of color and gain a truly global perspective of dermatologic surgery through an expanded contributor group of leading international experts.
- Master how to perform cutting-edge techniques across the entire spectrum of dermatologic surgery, including botulinum toxins; fillers; cryosurgery; flaps; grafting; scar revisions; lasers; face-lift techniques; blepharoplasty techniques; Mohs surgery; and more.
- Effectively manage a full range of complex disorders, such as vitiligo surgery, keloids, and leg ulcers, with a unique section devoted to these special procedures.
- Easily visualize complex procedures and concepts with more than 1,000 illustrations, photos, and graphics.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, references, and videos from the book on a variety of devices.
- Improve surgical results and avoid pitfalls with expert, evidence-based guidance.
- Stay on the cutting edge with in-depth step-by-step descriptions of tumescent vertical vector facelifts, blepharoplasty, composite grafts, Botox treatments, soft tissue augmentation, management of dysplastic nevi and melanoma, and more.
"…this is an exceptionally well illustrated, comprehensive review of the whole subject of surgery of the skin. It will be of value not only to practicing dermatologists but to all clinicians interested in both therapeutic and aesthetic surgical procedures…. I highly recommend it." Review of 1st edition, Alan Menter, MD, chief of the Division of Dermatology at Baylor University Medical Center
By June K. Robinson, MD, Professor of Clinical Dermatology, Department of Dermatology, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago IL, USA.; C. William Hanke, MD, MPH, FACP, Visiting Professor of Dermatology, University of Iowa Carver, College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa; Clinical Professor of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana; Daniel Mark Siegel, MD, MS(Management and Policy), Clinical Professor of Dermatology, Director, Procedural Dermatology Fellowship State University of New York Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine, Brooklyn, NY; Senior Surgeon Long Island Skin Cancer and Dermatologic Surgery Smithtowm, NY; Alina Fratila, MD, Assistant Professor Department of Dermatology Carol Davila University Bucharest, Romania; Medical DirectorJungbrunnen-Klinik Dr. Fratila GmbH Bonn, Germany ; Ashish C Bhatia, MD, FAAD, Associate Professor of Clinical Dermatology, Department of Dermatology, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA; Medical Director for Dermatologic Research, DuPage Medical Group, Chairman, Department of Dermatology, DuPage Medical Group; Co-Director of Dermatologic, Laser & Cosmetic Surgery, The Dermatology Institute, Naperville, IL, USA and Thomas E. Rohrer, MD, Associate Clinical Professor of Dermatology, Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, RI, USA; Private Practice, SkinCare Physicians, Chestnut Hill, MA, USA