Neonatal and Infant Dermatology, 3rd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Neonatal and Infant Dermatology is a unique comprehensive and heavily illustrated reference on the dermatologic diseases of newborns and infants. It includes discussions of common and uncommon conditions seen in infants at birth and in the first few months of life. With over 600 superb photographs of normal and abnormal skin conditions including images of rare conditions, this easily accessible resource is essential for pediatricians, neonatologists, and dermatologists as well as other healthcare professionals involved in the diagnosis and treatment of dermatologic diseases in infants and newborns.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Get the depth of coverage you need to effectively diagnose skin conditions in neonates and infants.
- Expedite effective differential diagnoses with guidance from algorithms, lists, text, boxes and supporting images.
- Benefit from the experience of over 60 contributors from around the world lead by Drs. Lawrence F. Eichenfield and Ilona J. Frieden, two of the most important names in the fields of dermatology and pediatrics
- Glean all essential, up-to-date, need-to-know information with new chapters on Papulosquamous and Lichenoid Disorders, Acneiform and Sweat-gland disorders and two individual chapters on Vascular Malformations and Vascular Tumors.
- See what to expect and how to proceed with new, high-quality illustrations and photos that provide even more visual examples of abnormal and normal conditions.
- Take it with you anywhere! Access the full text, image library, and more online at Expert Consult.
The quality of the many full-colour illustrations is of a very high order and the text remains very readable. I checked this book for a few of the common and rare skin conditions that I have been involved in managing over the last year and found the information to enhance my own literature review and to concisely summarise the most important information needed by a neonatologist.
When I was medical student I was told that “the skin is what you need to keep your innards in”. I am now wiser and more experienced, but without a copy of “Neonatal Dermatology” I would be considerably less knowledgeable about this fascinating speciality.
Prof Malcolm Levene - Seminars in Fetal and Neonatal Medicine, May 2008
BMA Book Awards 2008 - Highly Commended
"I cannot praise this book too highly. The first edition was a revelation and the second builds on the quality of the first. Very little is published on neonatal dermatology but there are many clinical problems arising from it the quality of the writing, the illustrations and the layout are superb. I recommended the first edition to many others, and have used it frequently since I came across it I am sure that the second edition will earn a similar place on my bookshelf near to my computer and right at hand."
By Lawrence F. Eichenfield, MD, Professor of Pediatrics and Medicine (Dermatology), Chief, Pediatric and Adolescent Dermatology, University of California, San Diego and Rady Children's Hospital, San Diego, CA, USA; Ilona J. Frieden, MD, Professor of Dermatology and Pediatrics, Chief Division of Pediatric Dermatology, Vice-Chair Dermatology, University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA, USA
; Andrea Zaenglein, MD, Associate Professor of Dermatology and Pediatrics, Departments of Dermatology and Pediatrics, Penn State University/ Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA, USA and Erin Mathes, MD, Assistant Professor, Dermatology and Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA