Neonatal and Infant Dermatology, 3rd Edition
eBook version included with print purchase.
2015 BMA Medical Book Awards Highly Commended in Paediatrics Category!
Neonatal and Infant Dermatology is a unique comprehensive and heavily illustrated reference on the dermatologic diseases of newborns and infants. It includes discussions of common and uncommon conditions seen in infants at birth and in the first few months of life. With over 600 superb photographs of normal and abnormal skin conditions including images of rare conditions, this easily accessible resource is essential for pediatricians, neonatologists, and dermatologists as well as other healthcare professionals involved in the diagnosis and treatment of dermatologic diseases in infants and newborns.
Foreword by: Richard A. Polin, Feb 2015 Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Benefit from the experience of over 60 contributors from around the world lead by Drs. Lawrence F. Eichenfield and Ilona J. Frieden, two of the most important names in the fields of dermatology and pediatrics.
- Glean all essential, up-to-date, need-to-know information with new chapters on Papulosquamous and Lichenoid Disorders, Acneiform and Sweat-gland disorders and two individual chapters on Vascular Malformations and Vascular Tumors.
- See what to expect and how to proceed with new, high-quality illustrations and photos that provide even more visual examples of abnormal and normal conditions.
- Take it with you anywhere! Access the full text, image library, and more online at Expert Consult.
- Get the depth of coverage you need to effectively diagnose skin conditions in neonates and infants.
- Expedite effective differential diagnoses with guidance from algorithms, lists, text, boxes and supporting images.
2015 BMA Medical Book Awards: Highly Commended in Paediatrics
"In the third edition of this textbook (previously edited by Solomon and Esterly) the editors, Eichenfield, Frieden, Mathes and Zaenglein, have expanded its scope to include skin disorders arising in the neonatal period and infancy. The wonderful aspects of the prior editions have been preserved or improved upon. The text is clearly written and enhanced by the many color photographs of dermatologic disorders. Whenever possible there is a renewed effort to include evidence-based recommendations...Neonatal and Infant Dermatology is far more than an atlas. It is a state-of-the-art presentation of the diagnosis and management of skin disorders, and a road map for future interventions to enhance the well-being of the newborn infant."
Foreword by: Richard A. Polin, Feb 2015
"This is the third edition of a book on infant dermatology that presents excellent quality color photographs as well as advice on diagnosis and management based on the superb expertise of a multitude of respected pediatric dermatologists… There is a wealth of valuable clinical information in this updated book on neonatal and infant dermatology. It is a valuable addition to your medical library if you treat infants." - Patricia Wong, MD Doody’s Score: 95 - 4 Stars!
By Lawrence F. Eichenfield, MD, Professor of Pediatrics and Medicine (Dermatology), Chief, Pediatric and Adolescent Dermatology, University of California, San Diego and Rady Children's Hospital, San Diego, CA, USA; Ilona J. Frieden, MD, Professor of Dermatology and Pediatrics, Chief Division of Pediatric Dermatology, Vice-Chair Dermatology, University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA, USA
; Andrea Zaenglein, MD, Associate Professor of Dermatology and Pediatrics, Departments of Dermatology and Pediatrics, Penn State University/ Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA, USA and Erin Mathes, MD, Assistant Professor, Dermatology and Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA