Manson's Tropical Diseases E-Book, 23rd Edition
From the difficult to diagnose to the difficult to treat, Manson's Tropical Diseases prepares you to effectively handle whatever your patients may have contracted. Featuring an internationally recognized editorial team, global contributors, and expert authors, this revised and updated medical reference book provides you with the latest coverage on parasitic and infectious diseases from around the world.
New to This Edition
- Make the most accurate Tropical Disease diagnoses through a completely redesigned and modernized format, which includes full-color images throughout.
- Apply the latest treatment strategies for HIV/AIDS, tropical neurology, malaria, and much more.
- Put the latest international expertise to work for you and your patients with new chapters covering Global Health; Global Health Governance and Tropical Diseases; Non-communicable Diseases; Obesity in the Tropics; and Emergency and Intensive Care Medicine in Resource-poor Settings.
- See which diseases are most prevalent in specific areas of the tropics through a new index of diseases by country, as well as online-only maps that provide additional detail.
- Better understand the variations in treatment approaches across the globe.
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader , conduct rapid searches, and adjust font sizes for optimal readability.
- Incorporate the latest therapies into your practice, such as recently approved drugs and new treatment options.
- Find what you need easily and apply it quickly with highlighted key information, convenient boxes and tables, extensive cross-referencing, and clinical management diagrams.
By Jeremy Farrar, FRCP, FMedAcSci, DPhil, OBE, Professor of Tropical Medicine, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK; Director, Oxford University Clinical Research Unit, Wellcome Trust Major Overseas Programme, South East Asia Infectious Disease Clinical Research Network, Hospital for Tropical Diseases, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
; Peter Hotez, MD, PhD, Dean, National School of Tropical Medicine, Professor, Pediatrics and Molecular & Virology and Microbiology, Head, Section of Pediatric Tropical Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine; Texas Children's Hospital Endowed Chair of Tropical Pediatrics, Director, Sabin Vaccine Institute and Texas Children's Hospital Center for Vaccine Development, President, Sabin Vaccine Institute, Houston, Texas, USA
; Thomas Junghanss, MD (Internal Medicine, subspecialties Tropical Medicine and Infectious Diseases), MSc, PHDC (Lon) , apl Professor and Head, Section Clinical Tropical Medicine, Department of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
; Gagandeep Kang, MD, PhD, FRCPath, Professor, Gastrointestinal Sciences, Christian Medical College, Vellore, India
; David Lalloo, MB, BS, MD, FRCP, FFTM, RCPS(Glasg), Professor of Tropical Medicine, Dean of Clinical Sciences and International Public Health, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Liverpool, UK
and Nicholas J. White, OBE, MD, DSc, FRCP, F Med Sci, FRS
, Professor of Tropical Medicine, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand; Nuffield Department of Medicine, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK