Student Workbook for Modern Dental Assisting, 11th Edition
Reinforce your understanding of the dental assisting skills described in Modern Dental Assisting, 11th Edition! With chapters corresponding to the chapters in Bird & Robinson’s bestselling textbook, this workbook includes practice questions and exercises, competency skill sheets for practice with dental assisting procedures, and detachable flashcards for convenient review. Case-based questions help you master the clinical skills you need to succeed in your career as a dental assistant, and the new Dentrix Learning Edition DVD provides you with realistic practice management experience.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW content matches that in the textbook, addressing the electronic patient record, the impact of the new health care law, preventive techniques, and the new hazard communication standard.
- NEW! Emphasis on the Electronic Health Record with the Dentrix Learning Edition DVD and unique practice management exercises allows you to work with patient data.
- EXPANDED! Additional Critical Thinking Questions offer more opportunities to apply chapter content, enhancing your preparation for state or regional board exams and for practice.
- EXPANDED! Case-based questions based on patient information in the online Interactive Dental Office help you learn to solve the problems seen in day-to-day clinical settings.
- Chapters correspond to chapters in the textbook , and each procedure in the textbook also has a corresponding competency sheet.
- Practice exercises for each chapter include short answer, fill-in-the-blank, and multiple-choice questions, and labeling exercises, helping you master key terminology and important concepts.
- Patient case exercises use patients on the companion Evolve website’s Interactive Dental Office and include medical and dental histories, files, radiographs, and charting information to help you solve problems relating to patient health issues.
- Procedure videos on the Evolve website visually reinforce your understanding of the material you have read.
- Competency sheets provide clear guidelines for performing each dental assisting skill and help you evaluate your strengths and weaknesses, with pages perforated so that you can detach individual skill sheets for use in clinical settings.
- Tear-out flashcards summarize key information about the sciences, medical emergencies, infection control, radiography, dental materials, dental instruments, and dental procedures, offering convenient, on-the-go review in preparing for examinations.
By Doni L. Bird, CDA, RDH, MA, Director of Allied Dental Education, Santa Rosa Junior College, Santa Rosa, CA and Debbie S. Robinson, CDA, MS, Visiting Research Scholar, Department of Operative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC