Student Workbook for Illustrated Dental Embryology, Histology and Anatomy, 3rd Edition
Master the content from your textbook with this helpful study tool! Corresponding to the chapters in Illustrated Dental Embryology, Histology, and Anatomy, 3rd Edition, this workbook helps you understand and apply material with case studies, labeling exercises, helpful guidelines, and more. It includes 32 removable flashcards for quick, convenient review and study, and prepares you for the National Board Dental Hygiene Examination (NBDHE) with its case-based focus.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- New case studies are added, and clinical and radiographic photographs and questions are expanded on existing cases, helping you prepare for the case-based focus of the NBDHE.
- Expanded labeling (structure identification) exercises include additional developmental, microbiological, and anatomical structures for more practice in correctly identifying various parts or structures.
- A logical organization allows you to focus on those areas in which you need more practice, with units on: (1) labeling, (2) terminology, (3) tooth structure, and (4) case-based application.
- Detailed case studies include radiographs, clinical photos, profiles, complaints, health histories, intraoral examination data, and multiple-choice questions, promoting critical thinking and providing preparation for board examinations.
- Labeling exercises provide unlabeled images from the textbook to allow you to identify the different structures.
- 32 detachable flashcards help you master tooth morphology and tooth numbering. Clear line drawings of the permanent anterior and posterior teeth include the five views of the tooth (labial, lingual, mesial, distal, and incisal) on the front and a tooth description on the back.
- Guidelines for Tooth Drawing include detailed instructions, tips, and dimensions for drawing each permanent tooth.
- Infection Control for Extracted Teeth presents guidelines in an easy-to-follow numbered list, providing the proper procedures for the collection and inspection of extracted teeth.
- Occlusal Evaluation shows how to perform an occlusal evaluation using the necessary equipment and steps.
- Glossary exercises include crossword puzzles and word searches for practice and review of key terminology.
- Three-hole-punched and perforated pages are easy to fit into a binder, and pages can be removed and turned into instructors for assignments or extra credit.
By Mary Bath-Balogh, BA, BS, MS, Instructor, Anatomy and Physiology, Department of Biology, Pierce College Fort Steilacom, Lakewood, WA and Margaret J. Fehrenbach, RDH, MS, Oral Biologist and Dental Hygenist; Adjunct Instructor, BASDH Degree Program, St. Petersburg College, St. Petersburg, FL; Dental Hygiene Educational Consultant and Dental Science Technical Writer, Seattle, WA