Dental Instruments, 5th Edition
A Pocket Guide
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Learn to confidently recognize and manage more than 300 dental instruments with Dental Instruments: A Pocket Guide, 5th Edition. A unique flashcard-style format pairs descriptions with high-quality photographs and illustrations. A pocket-sized, spiral-bound format makes for quick reference. This edition also features content a new chapter on patient monitoring equipment and new content on facebow equipment, dental imaging devices, nitrous oxide equipment, and more to support expanded duties in dental assisting. With its portable and highly visual nature, Dental Instruments is ideal for both studying and for chairside reference.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Chapter on Patient Monitoring Equipment covers electrocardiography, capnography, and more.
- NEW! Artwork features images of the latest equipment models along with a significant increase in the number of "in-use" photos.
- UPDATED! New content on facebow transfers, dental imaging devices, nitrous oxide equipment, and more.
- More than 450 high-quality photographs and illustrations include both full and close-up views to enhance your ability to quickly and accurately identify dental instruments.
- UNIQUE! Flashcard format makes it easy to assess your knowledge of dental instruments.
- Practice Notes and Sterilization boxes help you ensure compliance with common practice standards and state regulations.
- Well-organized format includes a text description of each instrument along with its name, functions, and characteristics. Chapters move from basic instruments into those used within specialty areas of dentistry.
- Pocket-sized, spiral-bound design provides easy, at-a-glance access to key information.
By Linda Bartolomucci Boyd, CDA, RDA, BA, Program Coordinator Registered Dental Assisting Program, Diablo Valley College, Pleasant Hill, CA