Mosby's Nursing PDQ for Critical Care, 2nd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Precise, yet comprehensive, this portable guide provides rapid access to vital nursing information for the acute care management of patients in the critical care setting. Key topics include disorders, treatment, assessment, procedures, monitoring, drug therapy, lab values, scoring tools and helpful formulas. It fits easily into your scrub pocket with 10 tabbed sections and a convenient spiral binding that allows it to lie flat on any given page. Whether you use it as a clinical resource, a study tool, or a quick refresher, this full-color resource offers quick access to just the right amount of practical, must-know critical care nursing information.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- New content on Bispectral monitoring (BIS), levels of hypoxemia, neurologic emergency conditions, and an updated pulse rating scale keep you up to date with the latest advances in the field.
- New strategies for preventing ventilator-acquired pneumonia help you reduce the occurrence of this complication.
- Expanded coverage includes updated information on modes of mechanical ventilation and Intracranial Pressure (ICP).
- Coverage of pain assessment for the patient who cannot respond offers tips for providing better patient care.
- New illustrations visually reinforce essential concepts, such as defibrillation positions and venous waveform.
- An increased emphasis on safety issues provides tips and guidelines for providing safe, effective patient care.
- The spiral binding and handy pocket size make this an ideal clinical companion.
- Waterproof and stain-resistant pages keep your PDQ reference guide performing like new in any clinical setting.
- Color-coded tabs and a concise index make it easy to quickly locate key information.
- Provides at-a-glance access to commonly used clinical information, such as formulas, conversions, and lab values.
By Susan B. Stillwell, DNP, RN, CNE, Clinical Professor, Center for the Advancement of Evidence-Based Practice, College of Nursing and Health Innovation, Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ