Evolving Technologies and Clinical Practice
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$89.95|
An evidence-based guide to hemodynamic monitoring procedures and patient care, Hemodynamic Monitoring: Evolving Technologies & Clinical Practice describes invasive, non-invasive, and minimally invasive techniques in monitoring blood pressure and oxygen levels within the circulatory system. It provides a clear, illustrated discussion of the anatomy and physiology related to hemodynamics, explains the technologies involved in each measurement, and includes quick-reference tables of normal and abnormal values. Written by cardiovascular nursing expert Mary E. Lough, Hemodynamic Monitoring is a detailed, comprehensive text designed for critical care nurses and respiratory therapists.Table of Contents
- Case Studies in each clinical chapter include a patient scenario with assessment details, allowing you to envision real-life patient care and prepare for adverse outcomes or complications.
- Coverage of patient safety includes a discussion of important measures that will help you provide safe and effective patient-centered care.
- UNIQUE! Coverage of patient comfort includes a discussion of methods to increase patient comfort during invasive procedures.
- Clinical Reasoning Pearls provide practical advice from experts and describe how to implement a procedure or improve patient care.
- A table of Important Values and Formulas is located inside the back cover for quick and easy reference.
By Mary E. Lough, PhD, RN, CNS, CCRN, CNRN, CCNS, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Medical/Surgical/Neuroscience/Trauma ICU, Stanford University Hospital and Clinics, Stanford, CA; Clinical Professor, Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA