Core Curriculum for Critical Care Nursing, 6th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||
From the experts at the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN), comes the definitive resource on administering quality nursing care to critically ill patients. The 6th edition has been updated to reflect the current state of critical care nursing practice and includes new content on the AACN Synergy Model, professional care and ethical practice, and critical care patients with special needs, as well as the most current literature and clinical studies. The clear and logical format makes this book an ideal study tool for critical care nursing orientation and continuing education programs. By covering the newest content on the CCRN exam, it also serves as an important resource for nurses preparing for critical care certification.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Coverage of the AACN Synergy Model is featured in the new opening chapter.
- Professional Care and Ethical Practice is integrated into the Core Curriculum series framework.
- A new chapter on Critical Care Patients with Special Needs includes bariatric and geriatric patients in critical care, as well as high-risk obstetric patients.
- Features new content on chest tubes, liver transplantation for acute liver failure, spirituality, and spiritual aspects of care.
- Integrates pain as the 5th vital sign and includes JCAHO, HCFA, and AHCPR guidelines relating to pain management.
- Features AHRQ evidence-based practice guidelines as reference sources for practice interventions.
- New organization for Patient Care presents patient problems, needs, etc. in order of clinical priority.
- Expanded Nursing Interventions includes considerations related to patient/family education, patient transfer, and discharge planning.
- Web-based resources for CDC, AHA, NINR, National Guideline Clearinghouse, NIH Consensus Conference Proceedings, ADA.
- Authored by the experts at the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses.
- Reflects the most recent blueprint of the CCRN examination.
- Content spans basic to advanced levels with an emphasis on nursing practice.
- Organized by body system and written in a concise outline format for ease of use.
By AACN; Edited by JoAnn Grif Alspach, RN, MSN, EdD, FAAN, Consultant, Nursing Staff Development, Preceptor Development and Competency-Based Performance Appraisal Systems
Editor, Critical Care Nurse