Clinical Naturopathy, 2nd Edition
An evidence-based guide to practice
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Clinical Naturopathy: an evidence-based guide to practice, 2nd edition, by Jerome Sarris and Jon Wardle, articulates evidence-based clinical practice.
It details the principles, treatment protocols and interventions at the forefront of naturopathic practice in the 21st century. Clinical Naturopathy 2e: an evidence-based guide to practice, equips you to critically evaluate your patients, analyse treatment protocols, and provide evidence-based prescriptions.
This second edition promotes the fundamentals of traditional naturopathy, while pushing the scientific boundaries and driving the steady evolution of the profession of naturopathic medicine.
Bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy)
Advanced diploma and Postgraduate students in:
- • Naturopathy
- • Western Herbal Medicine
- • Nutrition
- • Homoeopathy
Complementary health therapists
New to This Edition
• Expanded Diagnostics chapter including the emerging field of pharmacogenomics.
• New Wellness, lifestyle and preventive medicine chapter to explore in detail the core principles of naturopathic practice.• New Liver dysfunction and disease, Headache and migraine, and Pain chapters.
• A deepening scientific focus with inclusion of new and emerging naturopathic therapeutics such as injectable nutraceuticals.
• A rigorously researched update of common clinical conditions and their naturopathic treatment according to evidence-based guidelines (over 5,000 references).
• Bridges conventional medical and naturopathic paradigms to help clinicians facilitate truly integrative models of care.
• Augmented appendices including: herb/drug interaction charts, laboratory reference values, food sources of nutrients, cancer medication interactions and nutraceutical use.
• Key Treatment Protocols throughout the text offer an evidence-based referenced critique.
• Naturopathic Treatment trees for each condition, with Treatment Aims boxes that are easy to follow and understand.
• Scientific and traditional evidence validating treatment protocols.
• Decision trees, unique figures, tables and charts are a great aid to visual learners.
By Jerome Sarris, ND (ACNM), MHSc HMed (UNE), Adv Dip Acu (ACNM), Dip Nutri (ACNM), PhD (UQ), Senior Research Fellow, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, The University of Melbourne
and Centre for Human Psychopharmacology, Swinburne University of Technology, Victoria
and Jon Wardle, ND (ACNM), MPH, PhD (UQ), Chancellor’s Research Fellow, Australian Research Centre in Complementary and Integrative
Medicine, Faculty of Health, University of Technology Sydney; Trans-Pacific Fellow, School of
Medicine, University of Washington; Naturopathic Practitioner, Herbs on the Hill, Brisbane,