Colorectal Surgery Print & enhanced E-Book, 4th Edition
A Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice
Ever since the publication of the first edition in 1997, the Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series has met the needs of surgeons in higher training and practising consultants by providing contemporary, evidence-based information on the sub-specialist areas relevant to their general surgical practice. All eight volumes are thoroughly edited and supported by evidence-based references to support key recommendations. This new Fourth Edition brings together the relevant state-of-the-art specialist information that the editors and authors consider important for the practising sub-specialist general surgeon. Purchase of a print book also includes a downloadable version of the eBook.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- This new Fourth Edition is presented in colour throughout, including colour photographs of operative procedures, investigations and clinical signs throughout.
- The entire contents have been comprehensively updated with particular reference to the evidence-based content of each chapter.
- An expanded group of authors provides an increased international dimension to the content of all volumes.
- Purchase of a print copy includes a downloadable version of the eBook which you can also access on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
- The books are available for purchase as a single volume or as part of a set of all eight volumes in an elegant slipcase.
- Reflects the development of the multidisciplinary team approach in cancer care
- Takes account of the improvements in the quality of rectal cancer imaging
- Updates the evidence on the efficacy of preoperative radiation therapy for all rectal cancer
- Includes a new chapter on colonoscopy and flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Takes a modern look at less familiar operations such as stapled transanal rectal resection.
- A standardised approach is used across the series to provide up-to-date information in a way that will be consistent and familiar to the reader.
- Each volume gives a current and concise summary of the key topics within each major surgical sub-specialty.
- Each volume highlights evidence-based practice both in the text and by also identifying the key papers in the extensive list of references at the end of every chapter.
***2010 BMA Book Awards - Highly Commended Surgical specialties category***
“This is an outstanding text book. Its concise chapters are expertly written with boxed latest evidence based medicine quotes to knock home what has been written.” Journal quote
"This book is extremely well referenced high lighting only the most important papers. It is beautifully illustrated. This is a worthy new addition to the series which this reviewer cannot recommend highly enough. Essential reading!"
Colorectal Disease, 2009
By Robin K. S. Phillips, MB BS, FRCS, Professor of Colorectal Surgery, Imperial College, London, and Consultant Surgeon and Clinical Director, St. Mark's Hospital, Harrow, Middlesex, UK