Textbook of Community Children's Nursing E-Book, 2nd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$92.95|
|Print - Paperback||$92.95|
The eBook version of this title gives you access to the complete book content electronically*. Evolve eBooks allows you to quickly search the entire book, make notes, add highlights, and study more efficiently. Buying other Evolve eBooks titles makes your learning experience even better: all of the eBooks will work together on your electronic "bookshelf", so that you can search across your entire library of Nursing eBooks.
*Please note that this version is the eBook only and does not include the printed textbook. Alternatively, you can buy the Text and Evolve eBooks Package (which gives you the printed book plus the eBook). Please scroll down to our Related Titles section to find this title.
The first edition of this authoritative textbook has become the key text for a wide audience of providers and facilitators of care and treatment through childhood. It is essential reading for child health professionals and is still the only text in this important area.
This exciting new edition is again structured into four main sections: 'Organisational facets'' 'Philosophical issues', 'Dimensions of practice', and 'Advancing practice', and has been expanded to include detailed guidance on the commissioning and resourcing of services. It provides essential information for implementing the requirements of the children's National Service Framework that will support the expansion of Community Children's Nursing and enable it to move forward and away from fragmented service delivery.
Bringing together the work of some of the most distinguished experts in the field, there is comprehensive coverage of the key aspects of Community Children's Nursing, including multi-disciplinary/interagency planning; provision of nursing services to sick children and their families in a range of community setting; and the needs of both the recipients and providers of care within the trajectory of acute, life-limiting and terminal illness.
This edition provides invaluable knowledge for all professionals and students involved with Community Children's Nurses wherever sick children and their families receive care or treatment, including health visitors, school nurses, district nurses, social workers, acute bases nurses, mental health nurses, learning disability nurses, GPs, commissioners and managers of services, paediatricians, children's hospices, independent providers and the voluntary sector.
New to This Edition
New chapters have been added on the topics of:
- Developing a national strategy and corporate identity for Community Children's Nursing
- Delivering and funding care for children with complex needs
- Strategic planning and commissioning of services
- Transitional care
- Young carers
- Complementary therapies
- Partnerships with the voluntary sector
- Health promotion
- Information management
The following chapters have been rewritten and expanded:
The role of the Community Children's Nurse Manager is also explored in depth.
- The first - and only - book on this topic, addressed specifically at the Community Children's Nurse (CCN)
- An authoritative guide to the principles underpinning the development of the specialty, which puts into context the scope of the CCN's work and clearly describes his/her place in the community team)
- A balance of the theoretical and practical, presented by the key names in this field)
- Offers up-to-date "evidence" which supports the development of this rapidly expanding specialty)
- Foreword by Elizabeth Fradd, Independent Health Service Advisor, UK
By Anna Sidey, RSCN, RGN, DN, Cert, Lecturer/Practitioner in Community Children's Nursing, University College, Northampton, UK and David Widdas, RSCN, RGN, DNCert, MSc, Dip Community Health Nursing, Dip Health Promotion, Nurse Consultant for Children with Complex Care Needs, North and South Warwickshire, Coventry and Rugby Primary Care Trusts, UK