Public Health Nursing - Revised Reprint, 8th Edition
Population-Centered Health Care in the Community
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
This Revised Reprint of our 8th edition, the "gold standard" in community health nursing, Public Health Nursing: Population-Centered Health Care in the Community, has been updated with a new Quality and Safety Education in Nursing (QSEN) appendix that features examples of incorporating knowledge, skills, and attitudes to improve quality and safety in community/public health nursing practice. As with the previous version, this text provides comprehensive and up-to-date content to keep you at the forefront of the ever-changing community health climate and prepare you for an effective nursing career. In addition to concepts and interventions for individuals, families, and communities, this text also incorporates real-life applications of the public nurse’s role, Healthy People 2020 initiatives, new chapters on forensics and genomics, plus timely coverage of disaster management and important client populations such as pregnant teens, the homeless, immigrants, and more.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Quality and Safety Education in Nursing (QSEN) appendix features examples of incorporating knowledge, skills, and attitudes to improve quality and safety in community/public health nursing practice.
- NEW! Linking Content to Practice boxes provide real-life applications for chapter content.
- NEW! Healthy People 2020 feature boxes highlight the goals and objectives for promoting health and wellness over the next decade.
- NEW! Forensic Nursing in the Community chapter focuses on the unique role of forensic nurses in public health and safety, interpersonal violence, mass violence, and disasters.
- NEW! Genomics in Public Health Nursing chapter includes a history of genetics and genomics and their impact on public/community health nursing care.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes illustrate how the latest research findings apply to public/community health nursing.
- Separate chapters on disease outbreak investigation and disaster management describe the nurse’s role in surveilling public health and managing these types of threats to public health.
- Separate unit on the public/community health nurse’s role describes the different functions of the public/community health nurse within the community.
- Levels of Prevention boxes show how community/public health nurses deliver health care interventions at the primary, secondary, and tertiary levels of prevention.
- What Do You Think?, Did You Know?, and How To? boxes use practical examples and critical thinking exercises to illustrate chapter content.
- The Cutting Edge highlights significant issues and new approaches to community-oriented nursing practice.
- Practice Application provides case studies with critical thinking questions.
- Separate chapters on community health initiatives thoroughly describe different approaches to promoting health among populations.
- Appendixes offer additional resources and key information, such as screening and assessment tools and clinical practice guidelines.
By Marcia Stanhope, RN, DSN, FAAN, The Good Samaritan Professor and Chair in Community Health Nursing, College of Nursing, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY and Jeanette Lancaster, RN, PhD, FAAN, Visiting Professor, Department of Nursing Studies, The University of Hong Kong; Professor, University of Virginia; Formerly Dean and Sadie Health Cabaniss Professor, School of Nursing, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA