Community-Based Nursing - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$73.95|
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
|Print - Paperback||$73.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Health promotion and illness prevention are the focus of this text designed to address the unique aspects of community-based nursing. Principles for community-based healthcare for the major population groups across the lifespan help you provide the best care for all of your clients. Common community settings, nursing roles, and interventions are explored. Be prepared for a wide range of situations with key topics such as environmental health, epidemiology, and communicable disease.
New to This Edition
- Disaster content focuses on the nurse's role in both natural and man-made disasters, emphasizing preparedness and management.
- Culturally based health beliefs and practices are examined.
- Education and Health Teaching chapter provides processes, methods and tools to assist nurses in educating clients.
- Case Management chapter addresses the important skill of coordinating client care and services in the community.
- Updated information on current community issues, including childhood obesity, emerging infectious diseases (including SARS), telehealth, and refugees/evacuees/displaced people.
- Case studies that detail "real-life" clinical examples introduce each chapter.
- Learning Activities and Application to Practice exercises provide opportunities to apply learning and gain deeper understanding.
- Community Application boxes detail specific examples of the relevance of content to community-based nurses.
- Research Highlights, Health Teaching boxes, Healthy People 2010 boxes and other special features highlight key information for better understanding.
- Student Learning Resources on the companion Evolve website include helpful web links, a glossary, and assessment tools.
By Melanie McEwen, PhD, RN, Associate Professor, School of Nursing, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX; and Bridgette Pullis, PhD, RN, Assistant Professor University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston School of Nursing