Tietz Textbook of Clinical Chemistry and Molecular Diagnostics, 5th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$304.00|
As the definitive reference for clinical chemistry, Tietz Textbook of Clinical Chemistry and Molecular Diagnostics, 5th Edition offers the most current and authoritative guidance on selecting, performing, and evaluating results of new and established laboratory tests. Up-to-date encyclopedic coverage details everything you need to know, including: analytical criteria for the medical usefulness of laboratory procedures; new approaches for establishing reference ranges; variables that affect tests and results; the impact of modern analytical tools on lab management and costs; and applications of statistical methods. In addition to updated content throughout, this two-color edition also features a new chapter on hemostasis and the latest advances in molecular diagnostics.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Two-color design throughout highlights important features, illustrations, and content for a quick reference.
- NEW! Chapter on hemostasis provides you with all the information you need to accurately conduct this type of clinical testing.
- NEW! Six associate editors, Ann Gronowski, W. Greg Miller, Michael Oellerich, Francois Rousseau, Mitchell Scott, and Karl Voelkerding, lend even more expertise and insight to the reference.
- NEW! Reorganized chapters ensure that only the most current information is included.
- Section on Molecular Diagnostics and Genetics contains nine expanded chapters that focus on emerging issues and techniques, written by experts in field, including Y.M. Dennis Lo, Rossa W.K. Chiu, Carl Wittwer, Noriko Kusukawa, Cindy Vnencak-Jones, Thomas Williams, Victor Weedn, Malek Kamoun, Howard Baum, Angela Caliendo, Aaron Bossler, Gwendolyn McMillin, and Kojo S.J. Elenitoba-Johnson.
- Highly-respected author team includes three editors who are well known in the clinical chemistry world.
- Reference values in the appendix give you one location for comparing and evaluating test results.
By Carl A. Burtis, PhD, Health Services Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN, and Clinical Professor of Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT; Edward R. Ashwood, MD, Professor of Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine, and President and CEO, ARUP Laboratories, Salt Lake City, UT and David E. Bruns, MD, Professor of Pathology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Director of Clinical Chemistry and Associate Director of Molecular Diagnostics, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA, and Former Editor, Clinical Chemistry, Washington, DC