Bailey & Scott's Diagnostic Microbiology - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource, 12th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$123.95|
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. The new 12th edition of Bailey & Scott's Diagnostic Microbiology solidifies its reputation as the classic text in the field of microbiology. This new edition features the same comprehensive, authoritative content - and adds new and updated material throughout. The team of authors includes three well-respected clinical microbiologists, all of whom have experience both in the classroom and the clinical laboratory.
New to This Edition
- Three NEW chapters:
- General Considerations and Applications of Information Provided in Bacterial Sections of Part III explains explains the criteria for organism inclusion and how it should be used.
- Bacterial Identification Flow Charts and Schemes: A Guide to Part III includes gram reaction, shape, arrangement, atmosphere preferred, oxidase and catalase reactions, among other decision points for various pathogens, creating a visual method of identifying and cross referencing organisms.
- Sentinel Laboratory Response to Bioterrorism
- A NEW section on clinical laboratory management
- More case studies help to develop critical thinking skills, with answers in an appendix.
- More photos of the major organisms have been included to help in identifying different organisms.
- A respected author team consists of three well-respected clinical microbiologists, each of whom has experience both in the classroom and the clinical laboratory.
- Genera and Species to be Considered highlight all of the organisms to be discussed in each chapter, including the current name of the species as well as any previous names.
- Detailed hands-on procedures make the content more interesting and relevant by describing exactly what takes place in the micro lab.
- Convenient, easy-to-read tables summarize key information.
- A glossary of all of the terms is found at the back of the book for quick reference.
By Betty A. Forbes, PhD, D(ABMM), F(AAM), Professor, Pathology and Medicine, Department of Pathology, Medical College of Virginia campus, Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center, Richmond, VA; Daniel F. Sahm, PhD, D(ABMM), F(AAM), President, Eurofins Anti-Infective Services, Herndon, VA and Alice S. Weissfeld, PhD, D(ABMM), F(AAM), President, Microbiology Specialists, Inc.; Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Molecular Virology and Microbiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX