Nursing Care Plans - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 7th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$64.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
The most comprehensive nursing care planning book available, Nursing Care Plans, 7th Edition features more than 200 care plans covering the most common medical-surgical nursing diagnoses and clinical problems. As in past editions, authors Meg Gulanick and Judith Myers meticulously updated content to ensure it reflects the most current clinical practice and professional standards in nursing, while still retaining the easy-to-use, reader-friendly format that make this book so unique. Functioning as two books in one, it provides you with both a collection of 68 nursing diagnosis care plans to use as starting points for creating individualized care plans and a library of 143 disease-specific care plans for medical-surgical conditions most frequently encountered in nursing practice.
New to This Edition
- Updated content incorporates the latest evidence-based data and best practice guidelines to help you provide the highest quality nursing care.
- Revised and expanded rationales include explanations for nursing interventions to help you understand what the nurse does and why.
- Expanded and more specific outcome statements for each nursing diagnosis help you develop measurable patient outcomes.
- New content on patient safety and preventable complications addresses national initiatives and discusses the nurse's responsibility in preventing complications such as falls, pressure ulcers, infections, etc. QSEN competencies are integrated throughout.
- 11 new disorder care plans include:
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Peptic Ulcer
- Solid Organ Transplant
- Breast Reduction
- Pelvic Relaxation Disorder
- 6 new nursing diagnoses care plans include:
- Impaired Dentition
- Disturbed Energy Field
- Readiness for Enhanced Immunization
- Sedentary Lifestyle
- Post-Trauma Syndrome
- Relocation Stress Syndrome
- Includes the most extensive array of care plans found in any nursing care planning book, with 68 nursing diagnosis care plans and 143 disease/disorder/procedure care plans, for a total of 211.
- An introductory chapter explains essential concepts such as the components of a care plan, NIC and NOC classification systems, and how to create a care plan.
- Pre-formatted nursing diagnosis care plans include a NANDA definition, a brief explanation of the diagnosis, related NOC outcomes and NIC interventions, related factors, defining characteristics, expected outcomes, ongoing assessment, and therapeutic interventions.
- Pre-formatted disorders care plans include synonyms for the disorder (for ease in cross referencing), a clear and succinct definition of the disorder, related factors, defining characteristics, expected outcomes, NIC interventions and NOC outcomes, ongoing assessment, and therapeutic interventions for each relevant nursing diagnosis.
- Eye-catching icons differentiate between dependent and independent interventions to help you better understand how to function in collaboration with the healthcare team.
- An Online Care Plan Constructor on the companion Evolve website includes all 68 nursing diagnoses care plans in the text, enabling you to customize care plans for an individual patient. In addition, 25 pre-formatted bonus medical-surgical care plans are provided for viewing online or printing.
By Meg Gulanick, PhD, APRN, FAAN, Professor, Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing, Loyola University Chicago, Chicago, Illinois; Judith L. Myers, RN, MSN, Assistant Professor of Nursing, Grand View University, Des Moines, Iowa; Susan Galanes, MS, RN, CCRN, Suburban Lung Associates, Winfield, IL; Audrey Klopp, PhD, RN, CS, ET, NHA, Plymouth Place, Inc., La Grange Park, IL; Michele Knoll Puzas, MHPE, RN, Micheal Reese Hospital and Medical Center, Chicago, IL and Deidra Gradishar, BS, RNC, Department of Maternal/Fetal Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL