Avian Medicine, 2nd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Limited Stock - Order Soon
The second edition of Avian Medicine, continues as a practical, comprehensive full-colour illustrative guide to the diagnosis and management of avian disorders. With the participation of some of the world's leading authorities in avian medicine, the book addresses issues ranging from the basic aspects of patient management to the most sophisticated diagnostic techniques; aiming to teach the general clinician how to approach all birds. A wide range of avian species are discussed in detail, including psittacines, raptors, bustards and many more. Completely revised, the second edition contains extended and new chapter sections - with a wealth of new illustrations! - including cytology and behavioural osteodystrophy, fluoroscopy and advanced imaging techniques. With numerous practical guidelines on the medical management of the patient or flock and many useful tips on clinical laboratory diagnosis and suggested treatments, Avian Medicine contains valuable practical advice on all aspects of veterinary care of avian species. Avian Medicine combines the practicality of a hands-on manual with the wealth of information of a textbook and the highly illustrated format of an atlas.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Thoroughly updated text with new chapter sections and revised references and reading lists
- Revision of all artwork with the addition of over 30 new line drawings
- Over 400 new photographs (over 300 in full color)
- Coverage of new developments in avian medicine, including taxonomical changes due to new DNA studies
- Inclusion of new surgical techniques
- Fully comprehensive coverage of all aspects of clinical management written by leading experts in the field
- Wide variety of species covered - not just psittacines, but also raptors, bustards and many others
- Bulleted text and tables help present information in an accessible way
- Full color throughout with over 900 illustrations
- Medical conditions and surgical procedures reviewed in detail
- Excellent Appendices bring together wide-ranging data on hematology and blood chemistry reference values, sex-linked bodyweights, incubation periods, commonly used pharmaceutics and other information relevant to avian practitioners
With the participation of some of the world's leading authorities in avian medicine, this book addresses issues ranging from the basic aspects of patient management to the most sophisticated diagnostic techniques.
Avian Medicine combines the practicality of a hands-on manual with the wealth of information of a textbook and the highly illustrated format of an atlas, and will be of great use to general veterinary practitioners and avian specialists alike.
European Association of Zoo and Wildlife Veterinarians, July 2008
Edited by Jaime Samour, MVZ, PhD, Dip ECAMS, Director, Wildlife Division, Wrsan Farm, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates