Oh's Intensive Care Manual, 7th Edition
Expert Consult: Online and Print
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Whether you’re a newcomer to the ICU or a seasoned practitioner, Oh's Intensive Care Manual delivers the practical, expert answers you need to manage the conditions you see every day in the intensive care unit. This highly esteemed, bestselling medical reference book presents comprehensive detail on each topic, while maintaining a succinct, accessible style so this information can be seamlessly incorporated into your daily practice.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Overcome the latest challenges in intensive care medicine . Ten brand-new chapters in this edition include: Palliative Care; ICU and the Elderly; Health Care Team in Intensive Care Medicine; Preparing for Examinations in Intensive Care Medicine; Ultrasound in the ICU; ECMO for Respiratory Failure; ECMO for Cardiac Failure; Cirrhosis and Acute-on-Chronic Liver Disease; Solid Tumours and their Implications in the ICU; and Delirium.
- Optimize patient outcomes through an even greater focus on clinical management strategies.
- Quickly locate essential information with an increased number of summary boxes, tables, and charts, and a new chapter organization that expedites reference.
- Effortlessly search the entire text online at Expert Consult.
- Access everything you need to know about disease processes and their management during the course of ICU rotations.
- Gain valuable insight into the consensus of practice and standard of ICU care as followed in the UK, Europe, India, and Australia.
- Take advantage of expert advice on practical issues that will be encountered on a day-to-day basis in the ICU, as well as common pitfalls in treatment and management emphasized in each chapter.
"The short and succinct chapters pack in the essential items of knowledge. Each area covered gives both theoretical basis, but also the practical ways of treating the condition being described and the evidence basis for doing so."
BMA Book Awards 2009 - judges' comments
By Andrew D Bersten, MB, BS, MD, FANZCA, FJFICM, Department of Critical Care Medicine, Flinders Medical Centre and School of Medicine, Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia and Neil Soni, MB, ChB, MD, FANZCA, FRCA, FJFICM, Consultant in Intensive Care and Anaesthesia, Director and Lead Clinician, Intensive Care Unit, Magill Department of Anaesthesia, Intensive Care and Pain Management, Hon. Senior Lecturer, Imperial College Medical School, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, UK