The Human Body in Health & Disease - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource, 6th Edition
|Print - Paperback||$65.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Get a complete introduction to A&P with the resources that make challenging concepts easier to understand! The Human Body in Health & Disease, 6th Edition includes 25 highly visual, student-friendly chapters that cover the most important structures and functions of the human body along with disease concepts. With detailed illustrations and the unique Clear View of the Human Body transparencies, A&P doesn't get any clearer!
New to This Edition
- NEW! Art, layout, and content updates in each chapter give you the most current visual and textual information possible.
- NEW! Terms and pronunciations lists at the beginning of each chapter familiarize you with new terms and the meanings of individual word parts.
- NEW! Division of previous Cells and Tissues chapter breaks the material into two chapters (Chapter 3 Cells and Chapter 4 Tissues) so material can be presented in smaller chunks for easier student understanding.
- UNIQUE! Creative design includes more than 475 full-color photos and illustrations to simplify explanations of difficult material.
- UNIQUE! Clear View of the Human Body transparencies embedded within the textbook provide a graphically stunning atlas of the male and female body that can be peeled back layer by layer.
- Quick Check questions, active learning activities including case studies, study tips, outline summaries, and more provide helpful reviews and self-assessment opportunities.
- A straightforward, conversational writing style explains difficult anatomy and physiology principles.
- UNIQUE! Special boxes throughout each chapter help reinforce and apply what you've learned with specific guidance in:
- Health and Well-being
- Clinical Applications
- Research, Issues, and Trends
- Science Applications
By Kevin T. Patton, PhD, Professor of Life Science, St. Charles Community College, Cottleville, MO, Professor of Anatomy & Physiology Instruction (adjunct), New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, NY, Emeritus Assistant Professor of Physiology, Saint Louis University Medical School, St. Louis, MO and Gary A. Thibodeau, PhD, Chancellor Emeritus and Professor Emeritus of Biology, University of Wisconsin, River Falls, River Falls, WI