Survival Guide for Anatomy & Physiology, 2nd Edition
Learn to Survive in the Wild, Wild World of A&P
Learn to Navigate the Perils and Pitfalls of A&PTable of Contents
New to This Edition
Make learning anatomy and physiology easier with this practical handbook. Written in an engaging and informal style, this resource provides supportive hints that can be used throughout the course. Starting with some basic study survival skills, the book proceeds to help you identify and understand common structures and functions of the body using tools such as anatomical maps, functional diagrams, summary tables, analogies, and other learning aids.
- Plan a Learning Strategy section helps you study more effectively by showing how to tailor your learning activities to suit your learning style.
- Part 2: Maps, Charts, and Shortcuts breaks the subject of A&P into six sections, so you can quickly find the information you need in an easy-to-read and understand format.
- Mnemonic devices and memorable analogies help you remember A&P concepts with ease.
- Specific test-taking strategies help you prepare for and pass exams.
- Instructions on how to read your A&P textbook lead to greater comprehension.
- Dozens of tables make it easy to access the A&P facts you need to remember on the skeletal system, muscles, nerves, circulatory, respiratory, and digestive systems, and more.
- NEW! Know the Language chapter focuses on strategies for mastering medical terminology.
- UPDATED information includes more on digital-based learning strategies, more examples, and additional study tips to develop skills in mastering pronunciation, dealing with test anxiety, using flashcards, and more.
- New analogies and tips help you make deeper connections between challenging A&P concepts and the real world, including What’s a Gradient?, Bone Names Have Meaning, Mnemonics to Help You Learn Bone Structures, and more.
- NEW! What to Do If You Get Lost chapter offers advice on getting back on track from Kevin Patton, whose enthusiasm, humor, and special insights have guided many students through the A&P wilderness.
- New cartoons and illustrated tables simplify facts and concepts relating to topics such as tissues, joint movements, regions of the brain, and more.
- New appendices on common abbreviations and word parts make it easy to look up prefixes, suffixes, abbreviations, and more.
By Kevin T. Patton, PhD, Professor of Life Science, St. Charles Community College, Cottleville, MO, Professor of Anatomy & Physiology Instruction (adjunct), New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, NY, Emeritus Assistant Professor of Physiology, Saint Louis University Medical School, St. Louis, MO