Structure & Function of the Body - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 14th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$61.95|
|Print - Hardback||$63.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Simple and straightforward, Thibodeau and Patton's Structure & Function of the Body, 14th Edition makes the difficult concepts of anatomy and physiology clear and easier to understand. Focusing on the normal structure and function of the human body and what the body does to maintain homeostasis, this introductory text provides more than 400 vibrantly detailed illustrations and a variety of interactive learning tools to help you establish an essential foundation for success in the care of the human body.
New to This Edition
- UNIQUE! Downloadable audio chapter summaries on the Evolve companion website enable you to review for quizzes and exams on the go.
- UNIQUE! 31 new Animation Direct animations on the bound-in CD help you visualize difficult concepts and processes.
- Extensively revised and updated illustrations and micrographs vividly illustrate and reinforce important A&P content.
- Updated content reflects the most up-to-date understanding of human anatomy.
- A clear, straightforward approach makes complex anatomy and physiology concepts more accessible.
- UNIQUE! Each chapter reinforces your understanding of the structure and function of the human body and what the body does to maintain homeostasis.
- UNIQUE! Clear View of the Human Body allows you to peel back the layers of the human body and perform a virtual dissection.
- UNIQUE! Science Application boxes highlight practical applications of A&P content by scientific leaders.
- Quick Check boxes test your comprehension as you read through each chapter.
- Boxes and tables detail real-life applications in the areas of Health and Well Being, Clinical Applications, and Research, Issues, and Trends.
- Chapter tests, review questions, and critical thinking questions identify areas needing further study.
- Chapter outlines, objectives, study tips, and appendices help you study more effectively and find the information you need fast.
By Gary A. Thibodeau, PhD, Chancellor Emeritus and Professor Emeritus of Biology, University of Wisconsin, River Falls, River Falls, WI and Kevin T. Patton, PhD, Professor of Life Science, St. Charles Community College, St. Peters, MO, Adjunct Assistant Professor of Physiology, Saint Louis University Medical School, St. Louis, MO