Ross and Wilson Anatomy and Physiology in Health and Illness, 12th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Ross and Wilson has been the number one choice for over a million students since it first published, over 50 years ago. One of the world’s most popular textbooks of anatomy and physiology, it introduces the structure and functions of the human body and the effects of disease or illness on normal body function. More than any other text Ross and Wilson uses easy-to-understand, straightforward language, enhanced by colour illustrations and a huge range of interactive online activities, to make learning more visual and engaging.
Ross and Wilson is essential reading for anyone embarking on a career as a healthcare professional, especially in the nursing and allied health professions, complementary / alternative medicine or as paramedics and ambulance technicians.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Fully revised and updated text, with a focus on the most commonly occurring disorders
- New sections on the implications of normal ageing on the structure and function of the body systems to reinforce the core material and reflect today’s ageing population
- A new, easy-to-use colouring feature has been added to the extensive and varied selection of highly popular web-based online revision activities
- Additional coloured electron micrographs and photographs, as well as updated illustrations
- Extended glossary for fast, convenient and concise reference to important terminology.
- Carefully refined, clear and unambiguous text which omits the unnecessary detail that can confuse the student new to the subject
- Highly illustrated with clear colour diagrams and photographs
- Regular sequences of headings, lists and bullet points help with learning and revision
- Learning outcomes related to the sections within each chapter
- Common prefixes, suffixes and roots commonly used in anatomy and physiology
- Appendix containing useful biological values for easy reference
- Access to additional electronic resources, including high-quality animations, colouring exercises, case studies, self-testing questions, an audio pronunciation guide and weblinks
- An accompanying Colouring and workbook that facilitates structured learning and revision of the material in this book.
By Anne Waugh, BSc(Hons), MSc, CertEd, SRN, RNT, FHEA
, Senior Lecturer and Senior Teaching Fellow, School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Care, Edinburgh Napier University, Edinburgh, UK
and Allison Grant, BSc, PhD, RGN, Lecturer, Department of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow, UK