Anthony's Textbook of Anatomy & Physiology - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 20th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$117.00|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
There's no other A&P text that equals Anatomy & Physiology for its student-friendly writing, visually engaging content, and wide range of learning support. Focusing on the unifying themes of structure and function in homeostasis, this dynamic text helps you easily master difficult material with consistent, thorough, and non-intimidating explanations. You can also connect with the textbook through a number of electronic resources, including the engaging A&P Online course, an electronic coloring book, online tutoring, and more!
New to This Edition
- Smaller, separate chapters for Cell Reproduction, Autonomic Nervous System, Endocrine Regulation, and Endocrine Glands.
- Expansion of A&P Connect includes Protective Strategies of the Respiratory Tract, "Meth Mouth," Chromosome Territories, Using Gene Therapy, and Amazing Amino Acids.
- Art and content updates include new dynamic art and the most current information available.
- Creative, dynamic design with over 1400 full-color photographs and drawings, plus a comprehensive color key, illustrates the most current scientific knowledge and makes the information more accessible.
- UNIQUE! Consistent, unifying themes in each chapter such as the Big Picture and Cycle of Life sections tie your learning together and make anatomical concepts relevant.
- UNIQUE! Body system chapters have been broken down into separate chapters to help you learn material in smaller pieces.
- UNIQUE! A&P Connect guides you to the Evolve site where you can learn more about related topics such as disease states, health professions, and more.
- Quick Guide to the Language of Science and Medicine contains medical terminology, scientific terms, pronunciations, definitions, and word part breakdowns for key concepts.
- Brief Atlas of the Human of the Human Body contains more than 100 full-color supplemental photographs of the human body, including surface and internal anatomy.
By Kevin T. Patton, PhD, Professor of Life Science, St. Charles Community College, Cottleville, MO, Professor of Anatomy & Physiology Instruction (adjunct), New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, NY, Emeritus Assistant Professor of Physiology, Saint Louis University Medical School, St. Louis, MO and Gary A. Thibodeau, PhD, Chancellor Emeritus and Professor Emeritus of Biology, University of Wisconsin, River Falls, River Falls, WI