Middleton's Allergy 2-Volume Set, 8th Edition
Principles and Practice (Expert Consult Premium Edition - Enhanced Online Features and Print)
Boasting a worldwide reputation as the leading text in allergy and immunology, Middleton's Allergy continues its steadfast tradition of providing comprehensive coverage of state-of-the-art basic science, as well as authoritative guidance on the clinical concepts of day-to-day diagnosis and management of allergic disorders. Offering timely information that’s suited for clinicians and researchers alike, Middleton’s is a user-friendly and versatile source for the knowledge you need to provide optimal care to your patients!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Apply the latest scientific knowledge and clinical applications with new chapters on Innate and Adaptive Immunity, Immune Tolerance, Immunobiology of IgE and Its Receptors, Resolution of Allergic Inflammation, and Particulate and Allergen Interactions, plus sweeping updates throughout.
- Take full advantage of the major advances in asthma pathogenesis and management with significant updates on diagnosis, treatment, and special aspects of asthma.
- Obtain the best results from the newest therapeutics for allergic and immunologic diseases through an expanded discussion of immunotherapy that includes new chapters on Sublingual Immunotherapy, Biologics and Immunosuppressives in Asthma, and Alternative and Complementary Therapies.
- Stay on top of continuous new developments in clinical allergy and immunology through online access to the Expert Consult site, which will feature regular updates as well as the fully searchable contents.
- Find all of the information you need quickly and easily with a glossary of allergy and immunology terms; highlighted key points for each chapter; hundreds of crystal-clear images with a full-color format, and access to relevant websites.
"Middleton's Allergy has no peer and should be included in any library requiring a compendium on allergic diseases."
-JAMA, Review of the Previous Edition
By N. Franklin Adkinson Jr., Jr., MD, Professor of Medicine, Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Department of Medicine, John Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA; Bruce S Bochner, MD, Professor of Medicine and Director, Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Department of Medicine, John Hopkins University of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA; A Wesley Burks, MD, Professor and Chair, Pediatrics, Physician-in-Chief, North Carolina Children's Hospital, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA; William W Busse, MD, Professor of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Allergy, Pulmonary, and Critical Care Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin, USA; Stephen T Holgate, MD, DSc, FMedSci, MRC Professor of Immunopharmacology, Clinical and Experimental Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Southampton University and General Hospital, Southampton, UK; Robert F Lemanske, Jr., MD, Professor of Pediatrics & Medicine, Head, Division of Pediatric Allergy, Immunology & Rheumatology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin USA and Robyn E O'Hehir, FRACP, PhD, FRCPath, Professor and Director, Department of Allergy, Immunology and Respiratory Medicine, Alfred Hospital and Monash University, Melbourne Victoria, Australia