Drugs for the Heart, 7th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
The new edition of this market-leading cardiac drug resource equips you with the latest advances in cardiovascular pharmacology, one of the most rapidly changing areas of medicine. It not only offers in-depth information on all of the drug classes used to treat heart disease, but also covers new drug classes, drug use for single and multiple problem management, and more. Dynamic full-color drawings illustrate key pharmacological and physiological actions, and a user-friendly organization directs you to the information you need. An increased emphasis on the practical use of drugs saves you valuable time in researching relevant information. A companion website offers access to the fully searchable book online, enabling you to quickly search the complete contents via drug, disease or drug action...wherever and whenever you need it.
New to This Edition
- Incorporates all-new drugs, preparations, and clinical trial data in each chapter, equipping you to make the most up-to-date, informed clinical decisions.
- Offers anytime, anywhere online access to the complete contents of the book –fully searchable-, along with downloadable image library, references linked to Medline, at expertconsult.com.
- Offers expanded coverage of comorbid diseases through new chapters on metabolic syndrome, hyperglycemia, and diabetes.
- Features an increased emphasis on the practical use of drugs through highlighted sections and key illustrations, saving you time in searching for relevant information.
- Presents the work of several new contributors who represent a broad international perspective to equip you with a global view of cardiovascular pharmacology.
- Includes online access to a companion website where you can quickly search the complete contents of the book by drug, disease, or drug action.
- Features the practice-proven experience of two well-known editors who represent the best possible combination of clinical and research expertise in cardiovascular therapeutics.
- Offers easy-to-access, useful information on when to use each drug—and for what conditions—in a chapter entitled “Which Drug for Which Disease.”
- Discusses the management of single diseases and multiple comorbidities.
- Summarizes each drug class at the end of chapters to expedite reference.
“It includes reference to virtually the entire spectrum of cardiovascular drugs in clinical use and is exceedingly well referenced. A unique and outstanding contribution to the cardiovascular literature...an excellent resource for all those with an interest in cardiovascular pharmacology.” - Circulation, review of the last edition
Cardiovascular pharmacology is always expanding and rapidly evolving, making it challenging to keep current. The authors intend this book to serve as a single, convenient, and current pharmacologic reference...a refreshing alternative to the Physicians' Desk Reference (Thomson Reuters). --- DOODY'S BOOK REVIEW, 4 Stars ****
"This new edition is even better than the last, and that one was good. I use it, and I recommend it to you-and for the young learners, the book opens best with the binding on your left…Everything you need to know about drugs for the heart . . .and when to use each drug . . .great on dosing, side-effect profiles, drug interactions, and how to use the agents in care." - The Lancet August 2009
"For me, this book distinguishes itself by the blending of authority with accessibility. Previous editions have achieved it, and so has this one. The innovation of the online updates has shown that, just sometimes, one can have one’s cake and eat it too." - Cardiology News, February 2011
By Lionel H. Opie, MD, DPhiL, DSc, FRCP, Codirector, Cape Heart Centre annd Medical Research Councill's Interuniversity Heart Research Group; Professor of Medicine, University of Cape Town Medical School, Cape Town, South Africa; Visiting Professor, 1984-1998, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA; and Bernard J. Gersh, MB, ChB, DPhil, FACC, Professor of Medicine and Chair, Cardiovascular Education, Mayo Medical School; Consultant, Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN